Gram and Milk pudding Here is a diwali special treat…
Halloween is a great time for using Pumpkins usually people prefer to refrain from the recipes which involve Pumpkins but if you really want to give a try there are some really great recipes you enjoy. Here are some Pumpkin Seed recipes.
Toasted and salted, pumpkin seeds have a nutty flavor. They’re even better flavored with sweet and savory spices.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
1. Rinse Pumpkin seeds under cold water and pick out the pulp and strings. (This is easiest just after you’ve removed the seeds from the pumpkin, before the pulp has dried.)
2. Place the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet, stirring to coat. If you prefer, omit the oil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 325 degrees F until toasted, about 25 minutes, checking and stirring after 10 minutes.
4. Let cool and store in an air-tight container.
Oven Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Don’t toss those pumpkin seeds! Toast or roast pumpkin seeds in your microwave in no time at all. They can can be salted or spiced to suit your palate. The shells are edible and are a good source of fiber. Use this method with other seeds such as acorn squash and butternut squash. Pumpkin seeds are also known as pepitas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
* Pumpkin seeds
* Cooking spray, olive oil, or butter
* Optional: Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, or other seasoning of choice
Rinse pumpkin seeds. Use your fingers to remove all the pulp. Drain pumpkin seeds and discard pulp. Spread out on a cookie sheet to dry overnight.
Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
Toss pumpkin seeds in olive oil, butter, or spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, or your choice of seasonings. Toss to coat.
Bake about 1 hour, tossing every 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Cool pumpkin seeds before eating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 months or refrigerate up to 1 year.
If you like your toasted pumpkin seeds extra-salty, soak overnight in a solution of 1/4 cup salt to 2 cups of water. Dry an additional day, then proceed as above.
|Pumpkin seeds, raw
|manganese||1.04 mg||52.0||5.0||very good|
|magnesium||184.58 mg||46.1||4.5||very good|
|phosphorus||405.03 mg||40.5||3.9||very good|
|vitamin K||17.73 mcg||22.2||2.1||good|