Year 2011 saw some of the coolest games of the decade including Gears of War, Dead Space 2, Portal, Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City, also small games like Angry Birds became wild over the mobile platform. Almost everyone must have played Plants Vs Zombies. We are now looking forward to the year 2012 and more addictive and anticipated games are yet to come. Here is a list of 10 most anticipated games which are to be launched in 2012 they are from all generes, old and new some with a sequel. Here is the list.
10. Max Payne 3:- After the movie and the success of the 1st and second part of Max Payne series, Rockstar is back with this cool 3rd person shooter action packed adventure of Max Payne. The music of Max Payne the jump style and the selection of weapons make this game addictive to play. It involves some brain storming as well. It is being said that Max Payne 3 will be launched by March 2012. Max has shaved off his head and grown a beard.
9. Far Cry 3:- Far Cry is a 1st person shooting game, from Ubisoft right from the 1st part of this game Far Cry is known for its beautiful graphics and game play. Far Cry 3 was revealed during the E3 press conference. The game is said to be launched after June things are yet to come. As this is the game to watch out for.
8. Twisted Metal:- Yes the crazy car lovers here is one for you. The Twisted Metal series game which was a hit on Playstation 1 earlier is back with more. The game involves you to drive a car and kill all the other drivers. This time you will see that you can get cars, helicopters and some bikes to choose from. Apart from that there are some innovative weapons in the arsenal which will make the gameplay more interactive and fun to play. The game will come up on PS 3 as told by David Jaffe. Official release date is 14 Feb 2012.
7 Overstrike :- Overstrike is a futuristic game with elements of teamplay and single game as well. Overstrike has some amazing graphics and a cool gameplay. Though there is no actual gameplay footage yet for the game. The popular track record of the development team sure seems promising. Their work on the Resistance and Ratchet games has won them accolades. Overstrike is filled with lots of innovative guns and shooting you will love to get your hands on.
6 Final Fantasy XIII 2 :- A game everyone knows and has several movies made on it. Its the Final Fantasy setting benchmarks for graphics and action adventure MMORPG games. The demo version is out on the web and can be played. People who are fan of this franchise know that more than 10 sequels of this game are already in the market. The gameplay looks similar to the XIII version here is a video to tell you more about the game.
5. Metal Gear Solid Rising:- As Snake has become old there are new characters who show up in the Metal Gear Solid series, the game trailer looks promising just like Devil May Cry we will be able to see some sword action in this game. As the trailer on youtube shows. Rising is a game every console gamer would love to posses. With the fight stealth action similar to Hitman games Metal Gear Solid is a game nearly all console players must have played once.
4. Halo 4:- After the success of so many Halo games here is the 4th version in the series . Set in futuristic world the Halo series has some awesome gun fights can be played in both multiplayer and mission mode. Everyone is looking forward to this game by publisher Microsoft games and developer 343 Industries. Its the sequel of the 3rd version and Master Chief returns to face his destiny and fight the evil who has put the fate of entine universe in jeopardy.
3. Diablo 3:- Though the developers have denied any tentative date for the release of this mamoth game, its for sure whenever it comes out it will be loved by all, the trailers look mind blowing and enthralling. The game play has improved and so have the characters. The Diablo 2 game was a popular hit. The characters like Barbarian and Necromancer could be seen again. Here is a trailer from the game.
2. Mass Effect 3:- This is the epic finale of the game. The game is set to launch in 2012 developed by the most well known developers in the gaming industry. Its a mouth watering role playing game. Set in the age of future filled with mean machines and guns. This role playing game has all weapons to fight the enemies. It uses some puzzle skills, huge monster sized enemies, robos and transportation to make you enjoy all aspects of the game. The team mode and the individual tactics are need to complete the game. The ability to craft your very own Commander Shepard to your liking has tied so many gamers to this franchise. Everyone has a different and completely unique story surrounding his/her character, and that epic tale comes to an end when part three launches next year. This Bioware game looks promising we need to wait and see whats in store for 2012.
1. Bioshock Infinite:- The developers of this game Irrational Games and Ken Levine have made one atmospheric game, there is so much to do in the new game and. From the compelling and complex relationship of Booker and Elizabeth to the disturbingly detailed world of Columbia, this is hands down the most promising game of 2012. If you don’t believe me, then you clearly haven’t seen the backstage demo from E3.
Apart from these games Street Fighter X Tekken, Alice, etc are some of the games we need to watch out in 2012.