Chinese Dumplings or Momos as we call it here are quite popular healthy and delicious apetizers. They can be stuffed with either vegetarian or no vegetarian stuffings. It can be enjoyed by everyone, so here is the complete recipe with a video to help you make Chinese Dumplings or Momos. It is easily made and takes about 15-20 minutes to cook.
- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick, Jiffy, or homemade baking mix)
- 2/3 cup milk
1) Measure the baking mix by scooping the baking mix into a measuring cup. Add the baking mix to the bowl.
2) Add water.
3) Stir the mixture until a soft dough forms. Using two clean spoons, dip the spoons into the hot broth, then into the dumpling dough. Shape into a tablespoon size or so dumpling. Drop the dumpling onto the hot broth making sure the dumpling does not sink into the broth. Repeat the process by dipping the spoons into the hot broth and then into the dough until all the dumplings are made.
4) Cook the dumplings uncovered 10 minutes and then cover. Cook another 10 minutes.
5) Take out the dumplings and check if they have softened or not serve hot in a dish and garnish with sauce.
They can be either made round or cylindrical which ever you think can withstand some steam and won’t break open when cooked.
Video on how to make dumplings
Courtesy KOMU TV, Columbia, MO.