Burfi with Pista
Burfi with Pista is yet another sweet desert from Indian kitchen and cuisine which can be enjoyed at home with little efforts this can be made to taste delicious and encourage your gustatory organs.
- 1 cup Pistachio
- 1 cup Sugar
- Silver leaf
- ½ cup Water
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- Blanch pista nuts in hot water for 3 minutes.
- Remove outer skin and keep it in preheated oven (100C) for 10 minutes to make it crisp or wipe it with a cloth and dry roast in reduced flame till nuts become crisp.
- Leave it in the hot pan itself for 10 minutes after switching off the stove.
- Powder it in a mixie till fine rawa consistency.
- Mix sugar and water together in a kadai and cook till one string consistency is reached.
- Add powdered pistha and cook till it blends well.
- When it sticks to bottom, add ghee little by little and stir till it leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Pour on a greased plate.
- Decorate with silver warq and cut into pieces when it is still warm.