Rasgulla is a very popular Bengali Sweet dish. Here is Rasgulla recipe.
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Refined flour (maida) – 2 tsp
- Citric acid dissolved in water or lemon juice – 1/4 tsp dissolved in 1/2 cup water or lemon juice 2-3 tbsp.
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Rose essence or cardamom powder – 2-3 drops or 1/4 tsp
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add citric acid or lemon juice.
- Stir slowly and gently until white curd forms on the surface and separates from whey.
- On straining this milk, the curd that is obtained is called “chenna”. Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was used for straining to extract water.
- Knead chenna to make a smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small balls of equal size (6-7) of the dough and keep aside.
- Next make sugar syrup. Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially covered. Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose essence.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.